David Macharia Karimi
I completed my Masters Degree in Risk Management from Glasgow Caledonian University and graduated with Distinction. Joining PlanB Consulting presented me with an opportunity to utilise my knowledge and skills gained from my postgraduate studies here in the UK; as well as bring along my experiences from working for a Kenyan subsidiary of one of the world's largest insurance brokerage companies.
In these current times we are in, the effects of globalisation have made it extremely necessary for businesses to implement Business Continuity Management, if they are to remain competitive and resilient in the global market place. I find helping organisations to develop and implement such Business Continuity Management Systems highly rewarding, which is why I am glad to have been given this opportunity by PlanB Consulting. They engage with organisations from all-over the world and have a team of highly experienced and competent personnel, giving me the opportunity to learn and improve from the best.
Education, qualifications and courses
- MSc. Risk Management, Glasgow Caledonian University, UK
- BSc. Actuarial Science, University of Nairobi, Kenya
- Qualified DIP CII, The Chartered Insurance Institute, UK
- Associate Member – Insurance Institute of Kenya
- Member – Institute of Risk Management, UK
- Scottish Continuity Resilient Scotland Conference – 19th November, 2014, Edinburgh
- The Insurance and Actuarial Society of Glasgow Breakfast Forum General Insurance: Where are we now and where are we heading? – 3rd March, 2015, Glasgow.
- BCI World Conference 2015 – 10th -11th November 2015, London
I enjoy bowling, reading up on current affairs and a little Chess.