Why choose PlanB Consulting
The follow are three reasons for choosing PlanB Consulting to deliver your business continuity solution.
1. Our Technical Ability
One of the ways we differentiate ourselves from our competitors is our technical ability. Like others, we work to the requirements of ISO 22301, NCEMA and the Business Continuity Institute (BCI) Good Practice Guidelines (GPG), but where we are different, is that we are involved in the ongoing development of these standards.
- We have been involved in the writing of the BCI GPG (2010 and 2013 versions).
- We were asked to provide amendments for the new BCI GPG in 2018.
- We have also been a member CAR/1 Committee of the BSI, and have contributed to the development of the ISO 22301 standard; BS 1120, the Crisis Management standard; and ISO 22317, the technical specification for Business Impact Analysis.
- We are committed to the ongoing professional development of our own staff. Each consultant has a training programme tailored to their needs, with a mix of in-house training to share best practice as well as external trainers to improve our consultants’ skills. Recent training sessions have included Project Management led by Mike Tierney of Pragmatique and Crisis Communications by Alison Arnott of Catalyst Communications.
- We have written a number of training courses which have been adopted by the BCI including “Supply Chain Continuity Management” and “Validating Your BCM Programme Training Course”. These are delivered by the BCI training partners worldwide.
- Our consultants regularly attend industry seminars and conferences to ensure that what we deliver is based on the latest thinking and recognised industry best practice.
By continually reviewing and updating our methodology, we ensure that our clients benefit from work based on the latest Business Continuity standards and techniques as well as lessons learned from notable incidents experienced by other organisations; this enables our clients to have the best chance of responding effectively to an incident.
2. Our Staff
All our staff are full time employees and we very rarely if ever use associates. Many of our staff have been trained by ourselves so we all work to the same methodologies and standards. All our staff hold the CBCI qualification and all are member or associate members of the BCI. We aim to give you the best business continuity service but at the same time demystify the subject and make it fun!
Raffa (Client) , Gillian and Charlie in Trinidad
3. Our Awards
We have been shortlisted and won a wide range of awards over several years
Rocco awards (Local Chamber of commerce) - Award for Outstanding Performing Business (5-25 employees) 2017 Finalist
Emergency Planning society - Most innovate product of the year - MITS (Media Incident Training Simulator) 2016 - Winner
Emergency Planning society - Resilience Team of the year - 2016 - Finalist
BCI European Awards - Continuity and Resilience Provider (Service/Product) 2016 - Finalist
BCI European Awards - Continuity and Resilience Provider (Service/Product) 2015 - Finalist
Rocco award - Most promising new business 2014 - Finalist
Emergency Planning Society - Initiative of the Year - With Shetland Islands Council - 2011 - Highly commended
BCI European Awards - Business Continuity Consultant of the Year 2016 - Charlie Maclean-Bristol - Highly Commended
BCI European Awards - Business Continuity Consultant of the Year 2015 - Charlie Maclean-Bristol - Finalist
BCI European Awards - Business Continuity Personality of the Year 2015 - Charlie Maclean-Bristol - Finalist
BCI Global Awards - Business Continuity Consultant of the Year 2011 - Charlie Maclean-Bristol - Finalist
CIR Awards - Business Continuity Newcomer 2011 - Kim Maclean-Bristol - Finalist
CIR Awards - Business Continuity Consultant of the Year 2011- Charlie Maclean-Bristol - Winner
CIR Awards - Business Continuity Consultant of the Year 2009- Charlie Maclean-Bristol - Finalist
CIR Awards - Business Continuity Manager of the Year 2005 - Charlie Maclean-Bristol - Finalist
BCI Americas Awards - Continuity and Resilience Newcomer 2017 - Adrian Fuentes Flores - Winner
BCI Global Awards - Continuity and Resilience Newcomer 2017 - Adrian Fuentes Flores - Finalist
BCI Americas Awards - Continuity and resilience team 2017 - CEMEX - Finalist